Static Content Widget
A Static Content Widget can be added to your netAdventist site to enhance overall functionality and attractiveness.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab. If you haven't already done so, activate the Static Content Widget in Extensions under the Settings tab. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed.
- Select the Themes and Templates folder in the left navigation bar. Widgets are added to your templates. Each template will have its own set of widgets you assign to it. Home is for your homepage and Default is for all content pages except the homepage unless you set them differently. Please refer to the Templates training video if you need further instructions.
- Select the Edit Template link for a template you wish to add a Static Content Widget to. In this example we will select the link next to the home template.
- At the top of the page you have two choices, Layouts and Widgets. Once you have the Layout that you want selected, select the Widgets tab to display the widget select page.
- The gold containers represent areas where you can place widgets. The widgets will display when the template you applied them to is selected for a particular content page. Select the Click Here to Add Widgets link in one of the gold containers. A window will pop up.
- Select the checkbox in front of the Static Content Widget from the list, then select the Add Widgets button at the top or bottom of the container. A new widget added will appear at the bottom of the list by default if there are other widgets in the container. You can drag it to where you want it to appear. You can even move widgets to another container. You can delete a widget by selecting the X next to the widget title in the container.
- The Static Content Widget requires editing to display properly. To edit the widget, click on its title. A dialog box will then open to allow you to edit the widget. Fill in the Title to display on page above your content. Then, using the TinyMCE Editor, create your content. For more information, see the instructions for Tiny MCE Editor. If you would like to add an image to your widget, you can do so with the Photo Chooser. You can choose from Photos in Library or the tab Upload a photo. Check the box in front of the image and choose the size. If your widget is in a sidebar, the medium size usually works well. Then select the Insert button. If you would like to link the image, click and drag over it until it turns blue. Select the Link Chooser. Fill in the fields accordingly and select the Insert button. Once you are finished editing, scroll down and select the gold Done button. Then select the Save and Return button.
- Select View site on the upper right to see the widget you have added.
For instructions how to add widgets in a Content Page, refer to the Content Pages training video.