netAdventist Widgets are small, self-contained elements that can be added to your site to enhance overall functionality. Some, such as Bibleinfo.com, connect your users with other supporting interfaces. Others, such as the Menu Widget, add functional elements to your site.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab. If you haven't already activated the Events in Extensions you will need to go to Settings and activate it. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed.
- Click on the Themes and Templates folder in the left navigation bar. Widgets are added to your templates. Each template will have its own set of widgets you assign to it. Home is for your homepage and Default is for all content pages except the homepage unless you set them differently. Please refer to the Templates training video if you need further instructions.
- Select the Edit Template link for a template you wish to add a widget to.
- At the top of the page you have two choices, Layouts and Widgets. Select the Widgets tab to display the widget select page.
- The gold containers represent areas where you can place widgets. The widgets will display when the template you applied them to is selected for a particular content page. Select the Click Here to Add Widgets link in one of the gold containers. A window will pop up.
- Choose Widgets from the list by checking the appropriate checkbox then select the Add Widgets button at the top or bottom of the container. A new widget added will appear at the top of the list if there are other widgets in the container, but will appear at the bottom by default when saved. You’ll want to drag it to where you want it to appear. You can even move widgets to another container. You can delete a widget by selecting the X next to the widget title in the container.
- Some widgets will require editing to display properly. To edit a widget, simply click on its title. A dialog box will then open to allow you to edit the widget. Once you are finished editing select Done.
- To exit the template edit box select Save and Return.
- Select View site on the upper right to see the widgets you have added.
For instructions on how to add widgets to a Content Page, refer to the Content Pages training video.