netAdventist offers a wide variety of themes for you to use on your site. Themes and templates is where you will modify your theme from the standard themes list, add a custom theme and build custom templates.
Learn more about Theme & Template terminology by clicking here.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab.
- Select the Settings tab at the top of the page.
- Select the Theme and templates folder. Note: Theme and Templates can also be selected from the Site Content tab. Then select Theme and templates.
- At the top select the Change theme button. A list of standard themes will appear in a new box. We recommend the Adventist corporate v3 theme. See the Adventist Corporate Theme training video for further info if needed. Scroll through the themes and select the one you wish to view by highlighting it.
- To preview the theme, select the Preview link. Your homepage will open in a new tab or window and display the new theme. It will say ‘This is a preview’ at the top of the page. Select the Reset Theme link to revert back to the old theme. The tab or window doesn't close, so to continue editing your content in the dashboard, close the new tab or window and return to the original tab.
- To change the theme permanently, highlight the theme you wish to choose and select the Choose as theme button. Your theme will change to the new theme and the box will close.
- To download a theme you wish to customize, select Download Theme. A zip file will be created and placed on your computer.
- To upload a custom theme to netadventist, select the Change theme button. A box appears where you can select from the standard themes or by choosing the Upload tab you can upload a custom theme. See the instructions Change Theme Header Image/Banner for further info if needed.
- See the Templates video for further instructions.
Themes that come with netAdventist are the property of the Adventist Church and are not authorized for use outside of the netAdventist system. This includes themes derived by customizing a default netAdventist theme.