Using the News extension in netAdventist allows you to keep visitors and members up-to-date on the latest activities and events shared by your church, ministry, or organization. It is a wonderful communication tool.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You will be taken to the Site Content tab. If you haven't already activated the News in Extensions you will need to go to Settings and activate it. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed.
- Select News from the left navigation bar. Notice that the News folder opens a dropdown revealing additional news options and the news index screen in the center.
- Select Add News in the right top of your screen.
- Fill in the News Title. Select a Publish Date and an Expiration Date. Add content in the News Body using the editor and set your Privileges for who can view this page at the bottom. Choose to allow commenting on this news or not. See the Comments training video for further instructions if needed. Choose to allow commenting on this news or not. See the Comments training video for further instructions if needed.
- Select Publish or Save as draft. Drafts are viewable by selecting the Drafts folder in the left navigation bar under News.
- To see what your news article looks like, select the Preview button next to a Draft title to view it. A new tab or window will open showing the news you created in a preview screen before it is actually published. Select the [Close Preview] link at the top of the preview page to revert to the News page. You can then select the Publish button once the article is ready.
- When finished displaying a news article that is in the Published folder, move it to the Archive folder by selecting the title of a news article then clicking on the Move to Archive button. The news article is moved to the Archive folder. You can delete a news article by selecting the X next to the title.
- If the news article needs to be revisited, publish it again by selecting the title of a news article. Then select the Publish button. The news article is moved to the Published folder.
- News can be entered from the front by a member who is logged in. Go to your site’s Home page by selecting the link View Site. Select the News menu item. If a News menu item has not been created, one will need to be added. Once on the News index page, select the link Submit A News Item at the top. A box will open with a simple editor so that news can be entered by a member. Choose a Publish Date and Expiration Date. When finished, scroll to the bottom and select Save.
- View the news entered from your site’s Home page by returning to the Dashboard. In the Site Content tab, select the Pending folder under News in the left navigation bar. Select a news article, then approve it by selecting the gold Publish button.
- Select View Site and the News menu item to see the News you have created. News can be displayed on your homepage by adding a News widget or a Main menu item. Refer to the Widgets or Main Menu training videos for further instructions if needed. You can use the link chooser to add a news item to any content page or add it as a widget to any template.