netAdventist allows you to create and publish Forms for your visitors to fill out and submit online. You can even post groups of forms as packages of related forms.
The new training video hasn’t been created yet for this feature.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and select the Dashboard link at the bottom of the page. You will be taken to the Site Content page. If you haven't already activated the Forms in Extensions, you will need to go to Settings and activate it. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed.
- Select the Forms from the left navigation bar.
- Choose the Add Form Package button at the top.
- Enter a Form Package Title. Think of this as a folder where you add multiple forms. Choose from the options for privileges then select Add Form Package.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, below "What would you like to do next?", select the Add Form button to add items to your form package.
- A box opens where you can add a New Form Title to your form. Select Add Form.
- After assigning privileges to your form select the Next button.
- To add fields to your form select the Add link next to the type of field you wish to add. The fields are added to the Forms fields preview area. The Address, Date, Email, Name and Phone Number fields are self explanatory. The E-commerce field allows your visitors to make purchases if you have a Paypal account. See the E-commerce training video for further instructions if needed. With Formatted Text, by selecting Edit in the upper right corner, you have a full editor and you can add information, images, audio, video and more to your form. Select Save when finished. Multiple Select allows the submitter to select more than one response. By selecting Edit in the upper right corner, you can follow the instructions, including changing the label of the field in step 1. In Step 3, the editor includes the option to Require users to fill out the field. In Step 4 list the options for this field with one option per line. Select Save when finished. Single Select allows only one response to be selected and includes the options to change the label of the field in step 1 and to Require users to fill out the field in Step 2 as in most of the fields. In Step 4 list the two options for this field with one option per line. Select Save when finished. Paragraph text allows the submitter to type their reply and includes the option to change the label of the field in step 1. Select Save when finished. Single Line Text allows the submitter to type only a single line reply. Select Submit when finished. Add the fields you wish to add to your form.
- To move the form fields, hover over the field you wish to move and drag it to where you would like it to go. Once you have added and edited all your form fields select Next.
- The Message to Submitters allows you to create a message that clients will see after they have submitted a form. Use the editor to create this message. Then select Next.
- You are now at Email Notifications. For a form to work properly a receiving email must be entered. Enter an email subject and an email address to receive the submitted form. Select the Add subscriber button to add the email to the list. Repeat the process to add multiple emails. Select Done.
- The Form you created is automatically saved in the folder Drafts. To publish the form package select the Publish button. You can go back and edit a form by selecting Edit. If you edit a form you have to go through all 4 steps and press Done at the end.
- In the folder Form Packages there is a small arrow in front of the Form Name. Select it and the forms you have created will drop down. The Form you created is automatically saved as a draft form. To publish the form package select Publish. You can go back and edit a form by selecting Edit.
- To add a single form select the Add Form button and follow the same instructions we just did for adding a form to a form package.
- You can now link your form to a Menu, a Forms Widget, or as a link on a Content Page. See the Training Videos for these features if you need further instructions. In this example, ‘Form’ was added to the main menu. Select View Site and Form in the main menu.