Calendar Events 2
Others can contribute to your netAdventist Calendar for site visitors to see. This includes commenting on events and submitting events, once approved.
- If you want to add Commenting to a local calendar event, you need to first activate Events and Commenting in Extensions in Settings. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed. Once activated, return to the Site Content tab, then Calendar, which opens the Published folder.
- If you want to add the commenting option to an event when you create it, select the title Local Events and select a date for your event. In the window that pops up select the green Edit button. Fill in the fields Title, Time, Location, Event Description, etc. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the checkbox to Allow commenting on this event. Commenting is not possible on repeating events. Select Save.
- To add the commenting option to an existing event, select Local Events. Select an event. Select Edit. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the checkbox to Allow commenting on this event. Select Save.
- To see how it works to add a comment to a published event from the frontside of the website, select View Site on the upper right. Select the Calendar and select the event. Select Details. Add your comment. When finished, select the Add Comment button below. You will see the comment was added.
- To limit commenting to site members only, go to the Dashboard, then Site Content and select Comments in the left navigation bar. In the drop down select the Settings. Set your preferences to only allow site members to add comments by selecting Enable below: Users will be required to login before commenting. You can select other preferences as well. Select Save. See the Comments training video for further instructions on commenting if needed.
- A site member can submit a calendar event from the front side of the website, to the Local Events calendar only. To allow a site member to be able to add events to the Local Events calendar, go to Site Content, Calendar which opens the Published folder. Select the Edit link on the Local Events calendar and under Event Submissions, select the checkbox Allow logged in website users to submit events for approval. The Submit Event option will only show on the Local Events calendar. It will not appear if your calendar menu item is set to All Calendars.
- A site member will sign in. You can see how this works by selecting View Site on the upper right. Select the Calendar from the Main Menu on the home page. Then select Submit Event at the top. A box will open with a simple editor so that a calendar event can be entered. Fill in the Title, Time and date, Location and Description. When finished, select Submit.
- Return to the Site Content, then Calendar. The calendar event entered from your site will be posted under Calendar in the Pending folder in the left navigation bar. A site administrator can select the event and approve it by selecting the Publish button in the gold bar.
- Select View Site on the upper right, then the location where you placed the event.
See the iCal/ICS Calendar training video for further instructions on that feature if needed.