Note: These instructions are for the new extension for Maps.
The Maps extension allows creating and customizing maps for your netAdventist website, including setting a marker and a caption. A map can be added to the homepage, to a Content Page or to a Menu.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab.
- If the Maps extension hasn’t been activated, select the Settings tab at the top of the page, then Extensions and Activate next to Maps. (Google Maps should be Deactivated.)
- Select the Site Content tab in the upper left, then Maps in the left navigation bar.
- Home Location appears in the index page. If you have an address in your Contact Information in Settings, it will be preset. Select the blue Edit link.
- You can edit the Title. If the preset address appears and is the desired location, just select the button Set on Map. You can enter an address and select the button Set on Map. You can leave the address blank and move the marker instead and then select the button Set on Map. Likewise you can enter the Latitude and Longitude. Enter the Marker Caption and then select Save.
- To add an additional map, select the button Add a new Map on the right side. Fill in the Title and an address. Select the button Set on Map. You can move the marker instead of entering an address, or use the Latitude and Longitude and then select the button Set on Map. Enter the Marker Caption you want to appear. Then select Save.
- Your new Map now appears in the list on the Maps index page. You can add another location by selecting the Add a new Map button again.
- To insert a map, select Home (or a Content Page) in the left navigation bar. Select Edit. Place your cursor in the location you wish to place the map and select the Map Chooser icon on the right side of the bottom row of tools in the TinyMCE Editor. A dialog box will open. Check the correct box for the map you wish to display. Note that if you have created additional maps, you will scroll down for them to appear. Fill in the width and height you want and press the Insert button. The dialog box will disappear revealing the map placed on the page. Select the green Save button to finish.
- Select the View Site button to see your new map on the page. Maps can also be added to menus. See the Main Menu training video if you need further instructions.