Google Analytics can be added to your netAdventist site to collect data and view website traffic.
NOTE: netAdventist is moving away from encouraging Google tool options in favor of open source tools that don't require usage fees, API keys and/or tracking ID's to continue to use those products. Customers who were using Universal Analytics began to lose data on July 1, 2023 and will need to migrate to Google Analytics 4.
The new training video hasn’t been created yet for this feature.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Choose the Google Features from the left navigation bar.
- Select the link Go to the Google Analytics website with a right click and Open link in New Tab. (https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/) You are taken to the Google Analytics setup page where you can create a Google Analytics account or sign in. Note: Google changes their buttons for signing up and accessing your Analytics data periodically so the process may not be exactly as described here.
- You will need to add the Google Analytics HTML code (Google Tag) to each page on your site to collect data for that page. Copy the code with Ctrl "C" or by right clicking with your mouse and then select Copy. Start with your homepage. Go to the Site Content tab and select Home, then Edit.
- In the Editor above the area to add content select the tool that has the letters HTML on it.
- The editor will show the HTML script for your page. Put your curser on the very top line and press enter. In the space you provided at the top of the script paste with Ctrl "V" your Google HTML code into the field. Select the blue Save button, then select the green Save button.
- You can repeat the same process for content pages that you would like to get analytical data for.
- To view your analytical data go to analytics.google.com and sign in if you’re not already logged in. You will be taken to your Google Analytics data page. Note: Google states that it will take up to 24 hours for your data to start showing.