netAdventist allows you to create and publish Forms for your visitors to fill out and submit online. You can even post groups of forms as packages of related forms.
The new training video hasn’t been created yet for this feature.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and select the Dashboard link at the bottom of the page. You will be taken to the Site Content page. If you haven't already activated the Forms in Extensions go to Settings and activate it. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed.
- Select the Forms from the left navigation bar.
- Choose the Add Form Package button on the top right.
- Enter a title for your form package. Think of this as a folder where you add multiple forms. Choose from the options for privileges and sharing then select Add Form Package.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, below "What would you like to do next?", select Add Form to add items to your form package.
- A box opens where you can add a New Form Title to your form. Select Add Form.
- After assigning privileges and sharing to your form select Next.
- To add fields to your form select the Add link next to the type of field you wish to add. The fields are added to the Forms fields preview area. The Address, Date, Email, Name and Phone Number fields are self explanatory. The E-commerce field allows your visitors to make purchases if you have a Paypal account. See the E-commerce training video for further instructions if needed.
- Formatted Text has a full editor and you can add information, images, audio, video and more to your form. Multiple Select allows the submitter to select more than one response. Single Select allows only one response to be selected. Paragraph text allows the submitter to type their reply. Single Line Text allows the submitter to type only a single line reply. Add the fields you wish to add to your form.
- To move the form fields, hover over the field you wish to move and drag it to where you would like it to go. To edit a form field hover over it and select the Edit link in the upper right corner of that field. Edit options include: change the title that appears on the form field and require that a field be filled out. Select Save each time you edit a form field.
- Once you have added and edited all your form fields select Next.
- The Message to Submitter allows you to create a message that clients will see after they have submitted a form. Use the editor to create that message. Then select Next.
- You are now at Email Notifications. For a form to work properly a receiving email must be entered. Enter an email subject, a message, and an email address to receive the submitted form. Select the Add subscriber button to add the email to the list. Repeat the process to add multiple emails.
- Select Done.
- The Form Package has a small arrow in front of its Title. Select it and the forms you have created will drop down. The Form you created is automatically saved as a draft form. To publish the form package select Publish. You can go back and edit a form by selecting Edit.
- Every time you edit a form you have to go back and publish it again.
- To add a single form select the Add Form button and follow the same instructions we just did for adding a form to a form package.
- You can now link your form to a Menu, a Forms Widget, or as a link on a Content Page. See the Training Videos for these features if you need further instructions.