The Announcements extension provides a place where you and your members can post information on your website bulletin-board style.
The new training video hasn’t been created yet for this feature.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in to your website and select the Dashboard link at the bottom of the page. You will be taken to the Site Content tab. If you haven't already activated the Announcements in Extensions go to Settings and activate it. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed.
- Select Announcements from the Left navigation bar. Notice that Announcements opens a dropdown revealing additional Announcement options and the Announcement index screen in the center.
- Select the button in the top right labeled Add Announcement.
- Fill in the required fields to complete your Announcement entry. Select a publish date and an expiration date.
- Add content using the editor and set your access level and sharing status in the properties at the bottom.
- Select Publish or Save as draft. Drafts are viewable by selecting the draft folder in the navigation bar under Announcements.
- To see what your announcement looks like, select Edit next to a Draft title and select the gold Preview button to view it. A new tab or window will open showing the changes made in a preview screen before it is actually published. Select the [Close Preview] link at the top of the preview page to revert to the Announcements index page.
- Select the Publish button after previewing the announcement. The announcement is moved into the Published folder in the navigation bar under Announcements. When finished displaying the announcement, move it to the Archive folder by selecting the Move to Archive button. The announcement is moved to the Archive folder in the navigation tree.
- If the announcement needs be republished, go to the archive folder and select the announcement you want republished then click on the Publish button. The announcement is moved to the Published folder in the navigation tree.
- Announcements can also be entered from the front by a member that is logged in. They go to the site’s homepage and select the Announcements menu. If an announcements menu has not been created, one will need to be added. Once on the announcements index page, select Submit at the top. A box will open with a simple editor so that announcements can be entered by the member. When finished, scroll to the bottom and select Save. It will be submitted to the Pending folder for review. A site administrator will have to approve the submission before it can be published.
- Select the Pending folder to approve an announcement article submitted from the frontend then select the Publish button to publish it.
- Announcement entries can be added from other netAdventist sites by selecting the Shared link from the list in the left navigation bar under announcements. These are announcement entries shared by other sites throughout the netAdventist network.
- Select the Browse Available Feeds button.
- Select the Subscribe link on any of the shared announcement entries.
- Select Done. The shared announcement you subscribe to will show on your news index page along with your own local content.
- You can add an Announcement widget or main menu item to your homepage. Refer to the Widgets or Main Menu training videos for further instructions if needed.